Online product advice
Removable coatings toggle submenu
User experiences toggle submenu
- ReduSol is good for orchids
- Improved cultivation temperature
- Collaboration with consultants
- Longer roses under ReduFlex Blue
- ReduFuse IR for ficus
- Sweetpoint peppers and ReduFuse
- ReduFuse IR and amaryllis
- Multiple thin layers ReduSol
- Knowledge leads to better result
- Sweet Pepper grower ReduHeat fan
- Chrysanthemums under ReduFuse
- ReduFuse tempers harsh climate
- In search of the perfect coating
- ReduFuse removes the sharpness
- Quality and working climate
- Three seasons with ReduFlex Blue
- Cymbidiums and ReduFuse IR
- Light at centre of crop advice
- Controllability is a watchword
- Phalaenopsis and ReduFuse
- ReduHeat and chrysanthemums
- Lilies protected under ReduSol
- Stronger roses in the summer
- Shade really matters
- ReduSol with pigment
- VHB and ReduHeat
- New Place Nurseries and ReduSol
- ReduFuse and sweet peppers
- ReduFuse and growing tomatoes
- La Libellula and ReduSol
- ReduFuse and strawberries
- Use of ReduSystems®
Various methods toggle submenu
Research and innovation
- Other products
Other horticultural products toggle submenu
- The team
The ReduSystems® team
Cool-FX is a specifically developed water-based coating that can be applied to roofs to deliver high solar reflectance (the ability to reflect the visible, infrared and ultraviolet wavelengths of the sun). When Cool-FX is applied to roofs it has the ability to reduce the heat transfer to buildings. In the heat of the full sun, the surface of a black roof can increase in temperature as much as 50 °C (126 °F) reaching temperatures of 70-90 °C (158-194 °F). This heat can cause negative effects on cooling energy use and environments. Cool-FX, on the other hand, offers both immediate and long-term benefits.
Advantages of Cool-FX
- Reduced building heat gain, as a white or reflective roof increases only 5-14 °C (10-25 °F) above ambient temperature during the day.
- Savings of up to 15% the annual air conditioning energy use of a single-story building.
- Improved thermal comfort to people or animals in buildings that do not have air conditioning.
- Reduced air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Gradual wear of the product and return of the roof to its original color due to weather effects so optimal heat absorption is achieved in the winter time.
Cool-FX is developed for the following applications among others:
- Barn roofs (galvanized, metal).
- Tar and gravel roofs of commercial buildings and offices.
How to use it?
Cool-FX mixes very easy with clean water and can be applied in different concentrations. The chart below offers a guideline for different applications. The ready to spray liquid can be sprayed with standard spray equipment.
(*1 part Cool-FX to # parts of water)
The removal of Cool-FX will take place overtime due to weather effects. The average amount of time for complete removal will be dependent on weather conditions and the concentration used. Cool-FX used on porous surfaces will generally take longer to completely wear off.
Cool-FX is available in 20 Kg buckets and should be kept from freezing.